Leafy greens and herbs
In 2018 Meteor Systems introduced the Hydroponic Floating Raft. The innovative floating raft for the cultivation of leafy greens and herbs.
Hydroponic floating raft
As a grower of leafy greens or herbs, you want a clean crop. In other words, no pathogens or contamination on the rafts. Our rafts are made of HDPE plastic which is easy to clean and has a longer life span. Due to the unique shape of the planting hole, the raft is suitable for both traditional substrate plugs and substrate-free cultivation. Meteor Systems has developed a new, patented plant holder for substrate-free cultivation.
- Easy to clean
- Long life span
- All plants are the same distance from the water surface
- Plants are easier to remove from rafts due to the unique shape of the plant holes
- Slower increase in temperature on plant side
- Planting holes can vary in shape and size (on request)
- Can be easily handled, both automatically and manually
- Due to the unique shape of the planting hole, the floating rafts are suitable for cultivation with or without substrate
- No more watering from above
Multi-layer Germination | Propagation | Growing Rack
Meteor Systems designs and produces multi-layer racks for greenhouse use.
These racks have many great benefits
- Shorter growing cycle from seed to young plant and suitable for all automated hydroponic growing systems.
- High plant density per square metre.
- Ergonomically designed.
- Growing off the ground ensures high plant uniformity.
All in all, a vertical growing rack from Meteor Systems achieves an optimal plant density coupled with labour and energy savings. With our Vertical Germination/Raising/Growing Rack, Meteor Systems is taking vertical growing to a whole new level by maximising yields per square metre while keeping investment, labour and energy costs down.
Want to find out more about our hydroponic growing systems
Download our brochure on the innovative floating raft for cultivating leafy vegetables and herbs.