PE tubes and micro tubes
Meteor began developing the Sunblock white/black tube back in 1996. After extensive practical testing in countries with high solar radiation levels, we were the first company to develop a long-lasting tube with a white exterior and a black interior.
Pe tubes (sunblock)
They are available in outside diameters ranging from 16 to 40 mm. Tubes can be supplied in rolls of any required length.
- Sunblock PE tubes give a lower, constant water temperature by reflecting the sunlight and solar energy.
- Less clogging due to lower accumulation of organic material.
- Reduced risk of Pythium in the plants.
- The fully automated production process ensures uniform quality.
- Easy to rinse clean.
Micro tubes (sunblock)
Sunblock micro tubes take the water from the PE irrigation tube to the plant peg.
- Ideal for E1000, Supertif, Ray Jet and Neptunus systems.
- With one side cut at an angle, this can be mounted or pre-mounted directly into the PE tube.
- Different lengths available.
- The Sunblock version delivers water at a constant, lower temperature.
A capillary is based on the flow rate of the tube length, the inside diameter of the tube and the water pressure.
- Low investment costs.
- The flow rate can be adjusted to different growing conditions throughout the year by increasing or decreasing the water pressure.
- Fully automated production process ensures consistent quality, flow rate and reliability
- Available in several inside diameters, recognizable by different colours: yellow, grey, red, blue and green.